Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome to JP's Tour Divide 2011 Blog!







Hey friends and family,

This blog will be used to share updates from JP as he travels by bicycle from Banff, Canada to the Mexican Border.  Sometimes he'll post if he has a cell signal, most of the time I'll be posting updates as I get phone calls and texts from JP.

At some point, I'll post the link where you can watch JP's SPOT tracker -- it's updated automatically every 20 minutes during the race so you can see where he is along the route.

For now, you can look over the website that tells all about the race.  http://tourdivide.org/

Thanks to everyone for the support on JP's epic adventure!
Elizabeth

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Thought I had posted already, but it seems to have disappeared!

    What I had posted was that I'm proud to be the first follower of JP's Blog! I'd say I'm the first JP groupie, but I think that honor belongs to EE.

    Good luck JP! Looking forward to hearing all about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wonderin' where he's gonna carry his guitar and drum set on that bike so he doesn't get tooooo out of practice on his musical talents??!!! Seriously, good luck and happy pedalin' JP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go JP! Divide & Conquer. Safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful JP, you know how they feel about long-haired fellas up there in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell you what, JP....YOU MAKE YOUR FATHER PROUD!
    BE SAFE AND BLESSED ALONG YOUR WAY!!! YOU ARE LOVED, DAD

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." John Bingham

    Looking forward to following you on your epic journey. Have a wonderful trip!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity, but in doing it." - Greg Anderson

    JP,
    I am so proud to call you family.
    what you are about to do is amazing. Cullen and i will say a special prayer for you every night for your safe travels. Be safe, have fun, and hurry home.
    Love you,
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, JP! Hope things are going well -- I know EE and the pups miss you! (This is also a test to see if I can post here, but I think I found the problem - yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you'll be riding through (over/around) MT EVANS soon!!! What irony!! Way to go JP! - From all your cousins in MN!!

    ReplyDelete